Each and every one of us is unique as an individual. We have our own goals, our own dreams, and our own ambitions. But what makes us even more interesting is that what we THINK these goals are may not actually be what they are.
Every individual is two people. They are the person that they think they are or should be, and the person that they actually are.
How Discovering Who We Really Are Can Influence Better Decisions
Every time we’re faced with a choice, our subconscious mind goes through a range of different thoughts and filters. As soon as it is time to make a decision, large or small, we consider millions of different variables that were all forged from our experiences, our influences, and our beliefs, asking ourselves questions that include:
- What will my parents think?
- Which one will make me the most money?
- What would successful people do?
- How would my friends respond?
- What is the easiest choice?
All of these questions take place deep in your mind in fractions of a second, and they all affect your ultimate decision. But it is these questions – and their answers – that also cause you to make decisions that are simply not right for you, because when it comes to finding incredible fulfillment in life, there is only one question that matters:
- Which decision is best for you?
All of those other questions that we ask ourselves every day dilute the most important question of all – knowing who you are, and what is the best choice for making sure you experience the most fulfillment out of life.
Every Decision You Make For Yourself is the Right Decision
The secret to happiness, motivation, and fulfillment isn’t money, power, or success. It is making decisions that are truly the right ones for you – the decisions that you, at your truest and purest form, know are the right choices.
The more you get to know yourself and who you are, the more you’ll find that the outcome of that decision changes:
- Fewer Regrets – Those that make decisions according to their true self and their own values find that they have far fewer regrets, even if they fail, because they know it was the right choice for them.
- More Motivation – One of the reasons that motivation can sometimes stall us is because we make choices that aren’t what our soul really wants. When you make decisions based on who you are deep inside, you’ll always have motivation to succeed.
- Greater Contentment – Have you ever made a decision and felt good about it, only to lose that good feeling once you started on the activity? Contentment that isn’t in line with your truest values is often fleeting, while those that know themselves feel great about their decisions in the long-term.
We all have a person that is waiting to come out, and those that learn who that person is and understand her more are the ones that truly find energy and excitement out of their decisions in life.
The more you know yourself, the more you can make sure that each and every decision you make – both small and large – is based on what you truly want, and that is what will help you live a life of incredible fulfillment, and have successes that will last a lifetime.
If you’d like to start getting to know yourself again, please give me a call today.