There is comfort in the status quo. When you keep things as they are, you feel like you know yourself. You don’t have to worry about taking risks, or the idea that a decision you make can cause others to reflect differently on your character.
But if you’re feeling stuck in your life right now, the last thing you need is to keep things as they are. Sometimes, you need to bring about a different you.
How to Find Your Change
There is often this feeling like as we get older, we are who we are. But each one of us reached this point through change. From the moment you were young to where you are today, each outcome is the result of changes you’ve experienced and the advancements you’ve made.
Those that find themselves stuck in life often find that they have grown resistant to change. They may try small changes – such as waking up one morning and saying “I’m going to be more motivated today” or seeking out a new job – but they are not able and ready to accept making huge changes to their identity, including their attitude, actions, and mindset.
If you find that you’ve stalled in your personal or professional growth, it’s time to find significant changes to who you are that can help you achieve those goals. Examples include:
- Becoming an immensely positive person.
- Becoming an energized, hard worker 24 hours a day.
- Becoming a friendship oriented person that prioritizes new experiences.
- Becoming a business leader, one who educates themselves for growth.
These changes also cannot be cosmetic. Simply smiling more at your local barista is not enough. You’ll want to review your life, who you are, and what you’re missing, and identify the areas of significant growth that will have the most impact on you in the short or long term.
These are the changes that will change how you feel and who you are in life. They’re the ones that could open up new professional or personal opportunities, as well as give you greater opportunities for large scale fulfillment.
How to Initiate that Change
Once you’ve found those major changes that you’ve identified, you have to also be ready to commit to those changes and make them permanent. It is not enough to say that these are changes you’re going to make. You have to find a way to make them.
But initiating major changes is not easy. If you want to start becoming a different person, you’ll need all of the following:
- Plan – You’ll want to have at least some type of short and long term plan for putting those into action. These plan should be realistic, thorough, and goal oriented so that you have a specific path to follow.
- Accountability – Accountability is also a key component of any major change. That’s one of the main benefits of working with a life coach. Our role is to keep you accountable with these life transitions.
- Reason – You have to tap into your internal motivations. No one keeps up with making major changes if they don’t have a genuine reason that motivates them – something they feel so strongly about, they’re willing to overhaul their character just for that.
The process takes time. But for those that feel that they are ready to move up to the next level in life, these changes are going to be the key towards becoming a different person, and experiencing the growth that you expect as a result of those changes. If you are ready to become a different person, and to get to your next level in life, please feel free and call me today at 1-800-937-2029.