The job search can be overwhelming, scary, and stressful, making it very easy to put off even if you are ready for a change in your professional life. If you are nodding your head, feeling like you are in this position, keep reading… I have performed much of the time-consuming research you need in order to get your job search started.
An examination of the local labor market in Englewood Cliffs should leave you feeling pretty positive. As of December 2016, the unemployment rate in Englewood Cliffs is 4.2 percent, which is considerably below the national average of 4.7 percent. The cost of living is high in Englewood Cliffs. While it is 113 percent higher than the national average, it is only 68 percent higher than the average in New Jersey. Something else to keep in mind is that this higher cost of living is reflected in an average salary noticeably higher than the nation’s average.
The next step after taking a look at the local economy and labor market is to dive a little deeper into the job search. We can do this by taking a look at some popular jobs in Englewood Cliffs to get a clearer picture of the job hunt in the area.
- Registered Nurse Practitioner is a popular job search in Englewood Cliffs. With 536 open RN positions in the area, there is a wide variety of companies to choose from in order to find the right fit. They range in settings from Weill Cornell Medical College to the Institute for Urban Family Health to Maxim Facility Nursing. The average salary for an RN in the area is $75,232, which is considerably above both the median base salary in Englewood Cliffs and the national average for RNs. Convinced to apply? An interview for an RN position typically assesses both your knowledge of medical practices and procedures, as well as your interpersonal skills. Prepare for your interview with these common question
- How do you deal with an uncooperative family member or patient?
- How would you advocate for a patient who is in pain and the physician is refusing to order pain medication?
- Tell us about a mistake you made in the clinical setting and how you handled this and made it right.
Another common job search in the area is Product Marketing Manager. There are 13,954 open positions in Englewood Cliffs, ranging from the marketing copy field to the digital product field. On average, a product marketing manager in the area earns $107,757. While this is slightly below the national average for product marketing managers, it is significantly above the median base salary in Englewood Cliffs. If you decide to apply, expect an interview that tests your analytical and strategic skills as they relate to evaluating market opportunities, launching products, and driving demand. Typical questions to practice with include:
- How would you manage a new product launch?
- What are three things you’d do to improve our marketing?
- How do you approach project management?
Are neither of those the right fit for you? Attorney is another popular search in the Englewood Cliffs area with 2,183 open jobs. Attorneys in the area earn an average of $187,676. This is significantly above the national average for attorneys and the median base salary in the area. Being an attorney obviously requires a very specialized education and degree, but if you fit this build, you can earn a high salary. Prepare for an interview with some popular questions:
- What types of cases do you not have experience with? Would you be comfortable taking those types of cases on?
- Describe a time when you faced a professional ethical dilemma and what you did about it.
- What do you think are some of the challenges you may face here?
- These positions might not match your expertise or needs, but that is okay! Opportunities in the Englewood Cliffs area abound with 144,284 open jobs. Consider exploring the countless jobs with some multinationals that have local offices: Unilever, BlackBerry, and IKEA. Regardless of where your professional skills lie, stay persistent and the job search will prove successful!
Leave a Reply